Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Recap...

The start of my weekend was rather cruddy. In class on Friday for our test, we had to do the simplest of things, Bake and decorate a cake. I figured I was smooth sailing, until my cake feel on the floor and I almost had a heart attack.

Photobucket
( I need to work on my shakey handwriting)

I put my big girl pants on, and tried to go with it, fixing my cake the best I could. LOW and BEHOLD, I came out with a 190 out of 200. Even though my cake was kind of jacked up, it was baked to perfection and my frosting was amazing(Per my instructor words). 
Culinary school has really helped me to not freak out so quickly. The old me would have chunked that stupid cake in the trash and went home to sulk, but now when something bad happens, I will just walk away for a few mins and then come back to re-evaluate the situation. I am totally becoming a GROWN-UP (YAY!!)

We didn’t do much the rest of the weekend, mainly recouped from the long week (AKA, lying on the couch watching cartoons) and enjoying the amazing weather!! (AKA, riding in the car with the window down...LOL)

Photobucket

My Netflix que sent us a little gem to watch and it was CRAZY
 I love those 70's Exploitation/Grindhouse films.  They are normally filled with sterotypes and crazy situations, basically a hot mess, but those are my kind of movies.  If you like anything by Quentin Tarantino, you will love these films, he got a ton of his inspiration from them.

I realized I never posted this, but I got into a car accident about two weeks ago. A guy slammed on his breaks, I slammed into him and my poor car took ALL of the damage. The boy and I have been carpooling and he has also taken up bike riding. (I’m so proud of my little exercise fiend) but I am hoping this week my car will be done with repairs and I can get it back. This week is also Spring Break, so I plan to RELAX like crazy and tackle my crazy closet.  It looks like my closet throw up clothes, they are EVERYWHERE...LOL!!

One last thing, I get alot of messages about the make up I wear, and I totally tried to do the whole makeup blog thing, but realized I just don't have the time for it.  Do you guys want me to start listing the products I use in my pics?  Let me know...Feedback.!!

PS -  How much do you love this cover!!



3 comments:

  1. I am so sad that your cake fell on the floor. Don't hate me but all that comes to mind is "I THREW IT ON THE GROOOOOOUND!" ;)

    I love Mike Posner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous that you have spring break this week. One of the advantages of being a teacher is definitely the breaks (which are well needed and deserved by the time we get them) but i am like practically crying we don't have spring break until the week before Easter. I am literally counting down the minutes. Anyways have a great super relaxing week!!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! I should really check out that film.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some love!