Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Weekend Recap....

I swear it seems like my weekends are getting shorter and shorter, but I am looking forward for the end of this week, because it’s Holiday Break and I will have some extra free time.

We didn’t do much this weekend, mainly because I was exhausted and its getting cold outside and me and cold do not mix. We've been all over town shopping so we can finalize our outfits for our pictures next week, I am actually starting to get nervous and excited about taking them. I mean I’ve seen some amazing engagement sessions and I really want ours to be a good reflection of us, but I have faith in our photographer!!

Photobucket
(This is my winter uniform...I love my tights!)


Photobucket
( I got a little sassy over the weekend and did something fun with my hair...yes I am such a REBEL...)

We meet the Chaplain who is going to perform our ceremony on Saturday and I really like him. He was very professional and left us with a good feeling that were in capable hands.  He also told us a few funny stories of a few weddings he had performed, like the couple who brought their dog and then the muddy dog jumped on the bride's dress ( I WOULD DIE!!)...guess Loco is staying home...LOL!

Photobucket
(Speaking of bad little dogs, look who is "HELPING" me study, by sitting on my notebook)

know we still have alot of time before the actual wedding, but I am trying to get as much crap done as possible, I don’t want to be stressing out at the last minute, so I am making tons of lists and checking them twice( I had too…LOL).

On a baking note I made the best chocolate chip cookies EVER, the secret, yes I am going to share one of my culinary secrets...LOL! It’s all in the chocolate, I know CRAZY. Well I have a pretty good chocolate chip recipe, but I hated how the chocolate chips I used never really melted, well in school we use really high quality chocolate, about 60% (this means the actual cocoa butter in the product). So I went to one of my favorite bake shops over the weekend and found that they sold chips that were 57%. They are more expensive than your Toll House or Nestle chips, but still rather reasonable, but so WORTH IT!! (You could just buy a few good quality chocolate bars and do chunk cookies too)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also, there was a gingerbread contest at my school and these were a few of my favorites.  These houses were so amazing, because everything was edible.  You could really see the detail and hard work people put into these houses, it was so cool!

Photobucket

How cute is the "UP" house...
Photobucket


6 comments:

  1. i love your outfit it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg.. It sounds like you have alot on your trey girl..! you look very happy in your picture girl..! I dont no if I really like chocolate chip cookies anymore..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im excited for you, you must share your engagment photos...
    www.msmadeulook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute winter outfit! And a belated congratulations on your engagement!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute weekend outfit!! Love that leather jacket. Can't wait to see the engagement photos (hope you'll share!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That outfit is so pretty! I love the ruffles on the skirt! I completely understand about picking out the cookie that looks the best!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some love!