So let’s scratch Saturday…
Now on to Sunday, decided I still had some of my weekend left and I was going to make the best of it. I woke up feeling much better, found something very cute to wear, and loved that the sun was shining and giving me a beautiful day to enjoy.
The BF and I hoped into the car and took a drive to a little Bar-B-Que place called “The Salt Lick” .
It was fun (besides someone’s road rage…side eye!!) just to be in the car and try something different. We had a pretty good meal and decided to see a movie in that side of town, so we killed some time and stopped in Goodwill. Now I have a question, I see tons of blogs of people finding great finds at their Goodwill, but I swear we have the most expensive Goodwill’s ever. I can not imagine paying 10.00 for a pair of used Target flats, that I can actually go to Target and pay 12.00 brand new for….I don’t get it.
We high tailed it out of that expensive thrift store and hit up my favorite store Target. The BF bought me the prettiest dress (which made my day all the better) and I found the perfect Halloween dress up idea. We made it to the movie to see “Catfish”, the creepiest, saddest movie ever.
(I have no idea why I am doing the Duckface...LOL)
I don’t want to spoil the plot (but you can totally wiki it here, if you’re curious). It just made me really think about the people you communicate via social network sites.
We finished our wonderful night by having fried dough for dinner.. (were addicted!!)
All in all, things didn’t start off the greatest, but we totally eneded on a sweet note....LOL!! Someone made a good suggestion to help with my quest for positivity of making note of 5 things I am thankful/blessed each day. So here goes:
1. Blessed and Thankful to have the wonderful family I was given.
2. Blessed and Thankful to be given this opportunity to attend culinary school in less than 3 weeks (EEK!!)
3. Blessed and Thankful that I have actually meet some genuine real people through my blog, that give me the greatest advice and motivation!!
4. Blessed and Thankful I have the ability to turn the radio off everytime that horrible “Like a G6” song comes on!!! (Sorry people that song works my nerves)
5. Blessed and Thankful that tonight I will have a warm and safe place to lay my head.
I might not do this everyday, but I am thinking to keep my mind in a good place I will do it quite often. What are you Blessed/Thankful for?