Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Leslie Cochran....

So Austin’s motto is “Keep Austin Weird”. Well I was skimming the Austin Statesman and came across an article about one of our local icons. Leslie Cochran is kind of an unofficially mascot here in Austin. He has a page on Wikipedia, has been reviewed on Yelp, and you even buy his stickers in the local shops.

He is kind of like an Austin Landmark, everyone has a Leslie story. I remember my first Leslie sighting I was shocked, surprised and amazed. This man was walking around in a satin bikini top and booty shorts with the cheeks hanging out. This made me really understand Austin as a city!!


(click pictures to get an UPFRONT view...LOL)
Well they found him in vegetative state over the weekend and currently he is in ICU. They don’t know if he is going to make it, but he has brought a lot of laughter and entertainment to the streets to Austin.


Austin American Statesman Article
**Pics, from Yelp and Flickr*

1 comment:

  1. stuff like this is always so sad to me. i dont really care about important people dying but people like this becoming ill just make me sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some love!