Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Heartbreak...

Sitting down to write this posts I slowly started to get that tinge in my stomach and had to stop the tears from welling up in my eyes. The last week or so has been the hardest most heartbreaking days of my life.


My father passed away unexpectedly…

While everyone was posting Happy Fathers day wishes and pictures, I was longing for my dad. I have no qualms with admitting I had a pretty amazing father. He was loved and respected by many and it pains me to know someday my own children won’t experience his joy.

Right now I am kind of in a fog a zombie of sorts. I’m going through the motions of a normal person, but I have those moments where I come across a picture and break down. I know I will never completely heal from this loss, but the wonderful memories he left is what makes the day easier to go on.



Miss you pops!




12 comments:

  1. My deepest condolences, Erica. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I've experienced the same loss with my dad, 15 years ago, and although you never stop missing them, the pain of not having them never leaves you. Please let me know if you need anything - to talk or just to send some virtual virtual hugs your way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this, I send my deepest condolences and prayers to you and your family in your time of loss. May you be comforted by your memories of your dad and know that he will always be with you
    Xoxo
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those memories are whats getting us all through the days. But I know we will see each other again!!

      Delete
  3. My condolences and I will keep you in my prayers during this time of grief. I have experience lost with my dad 20 yrs ago and I still feel the pain with each memory of him. Just remember he lives within your heart & he surely is watching over you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am extremely sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family. I know for sure he would want you to remember him being happy and doesn't want you to shed a single tear love.
    Keep your head up <33

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. Its funny you made that comment about not shedding a single tear, because my dad was such a happy go lucky person, he would be so upset if he knew we were crying in sorrow for him.

      Delete
  5. My sincerest condolences to you. Cherish your memories, they will carry you through the hard times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and thank you for your kinds words.

      Delete
  6. AnonymousJune 28, 2012

    Oh my word! I am so sorry Erica. I really pray for comfort for you and your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its been awhile since I visited you babes.
    Im so sorry about your dad. Stay strong beautiful. He is with you, no matter what.
    We all love you. I certainly do.
    Stay strong mama..

    mwah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some love!