Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Glitter Headband Tutorial...

Over the weekend we were in the mall ( I know...SHOCKING) and went into Forever 21.  My first stop is always their accessory section, as I am sure to find tons of crap to leave with.  Well I saw this headband...

 I had it in my hands among various other piles of crap, but then I actually looked at the price.  Granted it was only 4.80, but it got me thinking I bet I could make this same thing for half the cost.  So I set myself on a mission. 

First stop was Michaels to get supplies, but I left empty handed.  We then had to make a run to Walmart and I was able to get all my supplies for right at 7.00 dollars w/tax.  

Now I will show you how you can make your own fancy headband.  (I have no idea how to make my pictures bigger, (any help would be greatly apprecited) but if you click on the picture you can get a better view!)
Supply List


1. All-Purpose Glue - $0.97
2. Loose Glitter - $1.97 (for a pack with 5 bottles)
3. Wooden Shapes -  $1.97 (8 hearts in each package)
4. Ribbon - $0.97  


    I didn't take a picture of this, but measure a piece of ribbon so your able to wrap it around your head with enough to tie it together in the back.  




    I sprayed the glitter with some spray glue, just to ensure no fallout from the glitter would occur. I let it dry for a few hours and TA-DA I had several different headbands for the price of 1 headband from Forever 21.  The whole process literally took me 15 mins, and most of that consisted of  me yelling at Loco to stop eating the glitter that had fallen on the floor!!


    I also spruced up an old pair of plain black flats I had..  After I was done it dawned on me they kind of reminded me of some Vivienne Westwood shoes I've seen often on the wedding blogs.

     

    I hope you guys like my first tutorial.  I would love to hear your thoughts, feedback, suggestion.  If you use it, please let me know so I can check it out.  


     

    4 comments:

    1. Great post and job on the project. So cute. I love do it yourself posts!

      ReplyDelete
    2. thats adorable.
      awesome tutorial! <3

      ReplyDelete
    3. You can't go wrong with tons of glitter and lots of hearts! ;)~ You did a great job at the step-by-step tutorial! I'm going to have to try and do this sometime.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love it, thanks so much for sharing. I have two daughters and plan on making one of these for each of them

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for showing me some love!