Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend Recap.....

I’m all done with my finals and I think I did pretty good!

(My Finals-Free Smile)

Now, I will have a small little break until my FINAL class starts. By this being my last class for my program, I am not really sure what to expect. I’ve heard horror stories of papers being due with hundreds of pages due and even having to do tons of research for your thesis. At this point as long as they give me a diploma I would be willing to shake it on a table top…LOL (I kid…I kid)

The weekend was kind of lame, since I had to finish up my school work, so I didn’t get a chance to hit any of the good movies that came out. I really want to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D, so I think the BF and I will go check it out this weekend. Did anyone check it out this weekend…FEEDBACK!!!

You guys now for Holiday I got a sewing machine and I am embarrassed to say it still sitting in the same place in the box (I know...I know!!) I’ve been dying to learn how to really use it and even picked up some vintage patterns on Ebay. This weekend I went to Hancock fabrics and they were having a sell on their patterns so I got 15 patterns for 15.00 (according to my receipt I saved over $200.00…that’s what I call discount shopping!!) so now I am even more motivated to get this sewing thing going on. I am also thinking about signing up for a sewing class in the next month, so that is my goal.

Also, I have some pretty exciting news. Dollface Delights is in the process of working out a deal to do catering for the Texas Burlesque Festival.

The festival is 2 days long and being held in Austin. This would be MAJOR Exposure, so I am super excited. I hope to have things confirmed in the next few days, so I will keep you guys posted.

PS - I wanted to let all my followers know that I check out your blogs daily. You may not see me in your follower list, but I have a HUGE list of daily reads on my Google Reader. I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to take an interest in my blog, so I always show my love and check out your blogs …so I just wanted to send you guys a ***VIRTUAL HUG***!!



10 comments:

  1. last christmas (we're talking 2008 here) i got a sewing machine. this year i decided to use it! i'm so with you there, but i'm eager to learn!
    happy sewing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the Texas Burlesque Festival comes through for you.

    Congrats on doing well on your finals! You may have mentioned it before, but what are you studying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to learn how to sew again. When I was little, I had a child sized sewing machine and used to make clothes for my Barbies. I don't know why or how I lost interest. Congrats on the catering gig girl, sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a sewing machine a few years ago and NEVER used it. I purchased it to make pillows never got around to it! I finally gave it away during Christmas time. Thanks for stopping by my blog! As a new blogger I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your smile is so beautiful!<3

    I love reading your blog, and I love even more reading that you did well on your finals! Well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on finishing your finals. i bet that was a hge sigh of relief for you.

    btw your eye shape is gorgeous!!! i'm envious. i have roundish eyes and i hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a sewing machine, dress form and all the fixins but I haven't used it in a while. You've inspired me to start sewing again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the HUG which I totally need now!!

    Sorry to say, I haven't send out your hello kitty packet.. simply because I've been looking for a little something EXTRA to throw in for my friend. Are you getting all excited? ;) Alright alright, I'll get it mail out latest by this week. Promise.

    Meanwhile, enjoy your sewing and show us what you got okay!

    Hugs back~
    Rheea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did I tell you I was in the same boat as far as the sewing machine sitting there. If I did I'll say it again to remind you there's no need to feel bad for there are bigger slackers out in the world! I think I got mine for Christmas back in 07. Used it maybe twice to get the feel of the needle going up and down. Ha it's hiding out in the closet now for almost a year. Poor thing. I'd love to know how to make my own clothes and dresses. There's a fabric store down the road and they offer sewing classes that'd I'd really like to attend. This is a long comment. Good luck on booking that 2 day festival!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh!! Yay!! You are done. Congrats lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some love!