Friday, March 12, 2010

TGIF...

When we were planning our trip to Vegas, I finally went to the doctor and was prescribed Xanex and Prozac. I decided not to take either, because “I” believed those types of drugs were not for me (and yes I do have a medical degree…I got it from A.C.M.E Medical School, along with Wile E. Coyote).

Well the last couple of days my anxiety has been flaring up pretty bad, especially at work. I work on the 8th floor (and yes I take the stairs EVERYDAY...and still have to wonder where these chunky thighs come from) so towards the end of the day I start to feel real closed in and before I can make it downstairs I am basically having a full-blown panic attack. I decided to start taking the Xanex, since it was the lowest dosage of the two. I don’t know if its working, but I do know it’s making me so tired and lethargic I feel like something from Night of the Living Dead (but a way prettier Zombie than you see in the movies).

The BF and I finally went to see “Alice in Wonderland” last night and I didn’t really like it. For one I was really tired and I felt like the movie was sooooooooooooo boring and didn’t do a good job of keeping my attention (even with the 3D). The story was actually kind of dark and scary and I kep thinking if I had kids I would totally not take them to see this. It also felt like the story made it seem like we came in the middle of it, like it had been going on for a few hours and we just walked in. I know there was a lot of hype surrounding the movie, but it was just not my cup of tea…LOL!

This weekend were supposed to be going to this event called “Pastries and Pasties, a Burlesque Cook-Off”.

It’s the best of both worlds for me, Burlesque and Cupcakes. I really wish I had known about it earlier, this would have been perfect for Dollface, but it will be fun to just be part of the crowd instead of working. I bought this dress that I hope will be here for the event the other day.

I actually have a funny story behind it. It was on clearance online for $9.97 but there were two sizes and I was not sure which one would fit, so I ordered them both. When I was processing the order I totally remembered I had a coupon for $10.00 off my purchase so I basically got one dress for free. I have to see which one fits, but will have an extra dress if anyone is interested in getting it, just send me email ( I can give you size info that way).

I am so glad its Friday, I hope you enjoy your weekend!!!

BTW – Dollface is totally doing the Texas Burlesque Festival!!!!



8 comments:

  1. Cuuuuuuuuuuute dress, and it sounds like a very fun event. Also. Sad you didn't like Alice. I loved it. It was so magical. Alice is a just a dark story anyway. I remember being a kid and sort of scared of even the cartoon version. I am glad that not everyone likes the same things though, how boring would that be!? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute dress! especially the green minty color.

    i saw AIW too. i liked it, but not as much as i thought i would...i think i expected too much. i LOVED the big headed queens voice though.. it was too cute!

    but i also thought it was a dark story... i don't remember it from my childhood, but i don't think its for children either

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep us posted on how the Xanex is working. I get a little freaked out by medications. A friend of mine gave me a Lorezapam to try a few months ago when I was having anxiety about work and I still haven't taken it.

    A pin up Zombie?! Awesome. I love Zombie movies.

    I don't know if I'll see Alice In Wonderland. The previews look terrifying. I must be the only woman on earth not attracted to Johnhy Depp. I think he's scary. I'm totally with you--I don't think I'd take my kids to see it if I had any.

    Cute dress! Have fun this weekend. Please eat a cupcake for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNEW that daggone Alice in Wonderland sounded scary. I knew I didnt want to see it.. and I still dont. Have fun at the show. I want to get to a show in my area really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww sorry your anxiety is flaring up. Hope the meds help a bit.

    I want to see Alice in Wonderland but was thinking that I don't want to take my son as it looks creepy! smh

    That dress is too cute and that looks like a fun event. Enjoy your weekend hon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww I don't blame you for not wanting to take those pills... I'm on antidepressants and I wish I had never been put on them. I nap for almost 2 hours every evening... it's not like my job is physically demanding enough to make me so tired!

    I hope your anxiety lessens though lovely.

    Alice in Wonderland... I have no desire to see it whatsoever. I do love Alice in Wonderland generally, but not the look of this one... And I'm finding Tim Burton using Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter for almost every film just a tad tiresome. No matter how good they are!

    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty sure my dad still takes xanax along with all the other drugs he has to take for anxiety. You should take it as perscribed and I think it takes the body like 2 or 3 months to let the pill do its job properly (if I'm remembering right). BUT my bestie also takes xanax for anxiety and it turns her into a zombie too. She's been taking it for years so I guess that's just the way the pill works with her.
    Really let us know how it goes. Anxiety and panic attacks suck ass.
    Also I'll take that dress off your hands if it's not too small for me. dorian_cavazos@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Xanax is not my thing either. I can't stand that groggy, sleepy feeling. But I've also never had a prescription to it. My use of Xanax was purely recreational teenage stupidity, so that may have something to do with it. I hope you get something figured out. A sweet, lovely girl like yourself shouldn't have to deal with that kind of anxiety.

    Did you have fun at Pasties and Pastries? That sounds like SUCH a neat event!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some love!