Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kindness...

I can't lie I love Valentines Day. I love having that love feeling in the air, with tons of pink and red being splashed around. Even when I was not in a relationship my opinion didn't change, because showing kindess and love can be extended to anyone. I think sometimes we get wrapped up in that whole high school feeling...you remember where everyone was seeing who had the biggest cheesiest stuffed animal or how many carnations did you get.

This year if your feeling all bummed or without a Valentine, think about that person you might have seen on the street corner looking for a little help. Be their Valentine and show them some kindness in the form of a cup of coffee or a burger, I bet your heart will be filled with tons of L-O-V-E after that!

I just really want to put a more "Positive" and "Hopeful"spin on one of my favorite Holidays.

Here is a little mixtape that always makes me think of those I love (WARNING - These are a little bit Mushy)


1. Adele – Crazy for you
“Found myself today singing out loud your name.
You said I'm crazy, if I am I'm crazy for you.
Sometimes sitting in the dark wishing you were here turns me crazy,
But its you who makes me lose my head, yeah.”

2. Keyshia Cole – This is Us
“I'm like a sunday morning, you're like friday night
And when we kiss, the perfect weekend -no rain in sight
When i'm feeling incomplete, you're my missing piece
And when you need your breathe taken away i'll be your thief”

3. Matchbook Romance – Tiger Lily
“You turned to me and said,
"i'll be going through withdrawal of you
for this one night we have spent."

4. Tim McGraw – My Best Friend
"You stand by me
And you believe in me
Like nobody ever has
When my world goes crazy
You're right there to save me"

5. J. Holiday – Suffocate
“Cause I can't breathe when you talk to me
I can't breathe when you're touching me
I suffocate when you're away from me
So much love you take from me”

(yes, I know I have the most random taste in music...but when it speaks to me, I can't help it!)

What would be on your mix-tape?



4 comments:

  1. My Best Friend was the song my husband and I danced our first dance to at our wedding. GOOD SONG!! Very powerful words! And I soooo totally agree with you about extending kindness all around. You don't have to be IN LOVE to show LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with you completely. though i enjoy a good chick flick or two and though i adore valentine's, i enjoy the holiday more so for the aesthetics of it all. i love seeing the pinks, reds and hearts everywhere and not so much for the romance behind it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travis: Flowers in the window
    Fuel: Hameorage in your hands
    Jason Mraz: I'm yours
    Metallica: Nothing Else Matters
    Mr. Big: To be with you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent perspective on V-Day. I already decided not to let myself feel down.

    Btw, I love your blog header photo. Found you by way of 20sb bloggers. And as I was looking at your site I see you visited my blog - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some love!